Hey there! I survived my first NeoCon experience and am back in the great state of Texas. I have to say, I was not impressed at all by the heat wave that smacked me right in the face when I stepped out of those airport doors. I got a little spoiled walking around enjoying the 60s in Chicago. Have I mentioned I love Chicago... in the summer?! It was absolutely perfect. 

I plan on sharing some of my Chicago experiences with you probably next week on the blog. Here's a little sneak peek: Frank Lloyd Wright Home Tour, Architectural Boat Tour, Tuscany, Designer craziness and Deep Dish Pizza (holla!). I will definitely be dreaming of a few of the meals I had on that trip. 

I meant to post this outfit before I left but I got a little sidetracked. So instead, I'm posting randomly on a Thursday since I feel like I've been MIA for a bit. Plus, the randomness fits perfectly with me and my brain and how freakin' scattered it is at the moment. I really need to get it together. I'm already feeling a little stressed/tired just thinking about all the crap I have to do within the next week or so. 

To start off, I just got home from Chicago. Not complaining, it was so fun, but holy crap what being away from the office 2 days will do to you. Not to mention, I walked into a hell hole this morning when I got to work. I mean, how can something on every job go wrong, at the same damn time?! You tell me! Anyway, so I'm back in the office for the rest of the week, have Father's Day this weekend and then I leave for San Francisco Monday-Wednesday of the next week for work site visits. Tired yet? I come back to the office on Thursday (reunited with my wonderful PM, finally) just to be on PTO Friday and Monday - driving to South Padre for my nieces cheer competition. Seriously, every time I take PTO the crazy hits right before I leave. WHY does that happen?! 

Enough about me. Well, after the photos of the outfit I'm showing today... 

I love these shorts. You should get some!






Tee: H&M, similar HERE
Shorts: Ross, cute HERE and HERE

So, who has a crazy life like me? I'm not the only one, I know it. 

Hope y'all have had a fantastic week! I'm going to try and wrangle all the stuff I have left to do before I leave again. Thanks for reading! 

2 comments

  1. We went to Chicago for the first tine a month ago and fell in love! I can't wait to go back and do that Architecture tour, and so many other things. And that deep dish pizza….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just amazing! When you go back you should go to Tuscany, an Italian restaurant outside of the city. It was SO good.

      Delete